Recently, a coronavirus outburst has brought global concern. A life-threatening virus that has already taken hundreds of lives and is spreading like wildfire. More than 16 countries are affected by a coronavirus.
While coronavirus can be risky, taking precautionary measures can help you protect yourself in open air, while caring for a sick person or even at work.
What Is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is a collection of viruses that cause disease which shifts from a viral fever to more severe diseases. It transfers from an animal to a human. In a recent survey, the viruses are found to originate from bats. In another study, it was mentioned that snakes and coronavirus shared 88% of their genetic sequences. However, some experts have criticized the study, saying it’s unclear if coronaviruses can infect snakes.
Coronavirus can be transferred from one person to another by air through viral particles of coughing and sneezing, touching or shaking hands with a sick person can be a reason too.
- A mild cough
- Shortness of breath
- A runny nose
- A sore throat
- A headache
- A fever
Prevention from Coronavirus
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 10 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with dirty hands.
- Don’t go out unnecessarily, if you are sick.
- Cover your face while coughing or sneezing with a tissue.
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wear a disposable face mask while in open air.
- Don’t share household items with the infected person.
- Wash all the laundry on hot to disinfect it.
- Limit your contact with live animals to lower the risk of transmission.
If you are experiencing any symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and follow the precautions.